Saturday, April 19, 2008

Baby Steps...


So I guess I should breakdown for you where I am at right now in my application process. I have been hesitating to write this not because it is personal or hard for me, but because it is boring as hell to describe the circumstances which lead to my current situation. I promise that after this things will be a lot more witty and succinct...well maybe. Perhaps I can speed things up by making a list:

  1. Graduated from UC blahblahblah in 2000 with a BA Molecular Cell Biology and a BS in Plant Biology with a uninspiring GPA
  2. Worked in Costa Rica for 2 years in rain forest conservation
  3. Returned to US and worked for the Department of Energy and later with Department of Homeland Security first on mouse sperm (laugh here) and later on classified bioweapons detection devices respectively
  4. Took the MCAT and unsuccessfully applied to medical school
  5. Left public research for private research at a leading genomics research firm
  6. Left the research field to get a Masters in Landscape Architecture (random right?)
  7. Realized during my second semester of A-School that I just had to be a doctor and quit
  8. Moved to the midwest to live with my partner, who is also in school, while I apply to post-bac programs and look for a job in research
  9. Applied to four programs and I got into two
  10. Accepted Drexel's offer to attend their Medical Science Preparatory program and deferred for Fall of 2008
Alright there you go, my life story or at least my life story from college until now in a nutshell. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about rain forest conservation or mouse sperm (sorry the classified research is still classified).
http://eagle.la.asu.edu/hester/cozumel/chichenitza/index.html

No comments: