Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Medical School...Is It Worth It?

I found a great blog that I just had to share with everyone (e.g. the late night post). I am sure some savvy pre-med bloggers out there are all ardent subscribers to the blog Panda Bear, MD, but it is new to me. Every person that has ever made the decision to commit themselves to the pursuit of medicine has inevitably asked themselves whether it is worth it or not. Panda Bear poses this question in such a cogent and eloquent manner that I could never do it justice by paraphrasing it so I recommend that you just read the whole thing for yourself here. I ask myself this question on a daily basis and I still don't know the answer to this and judging by Panda Bear's post I may never will. I constantly second guess myself on whether it was prudent to leave architecture school and pursue medicine. It's an even riskier decision when you have a wife and kids and in my case a debilitating chronic illness like celiac sprue. Every morning I wake up energized and excited in pursuit of my goal and every night I go to bed wondering whether I made the right decision. I guess I won't know until it is over. This is definitely a worthwhile read and well worth your time...enjoy!
Photo Credit: http://www.southernbyways.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/Panda%20Bear.jpg

2 comments:

Dissertation Writing said...

This is extremely helpful info about Medical School.... Is it Worth it?!!! Especially since you guys are offering it for free!! Very good listing. Everything is so nice. Thanks.

athenaeum hotel detroit said...

A nice collection. This is such an interesting theories you have posted. Thanks for the insight into this subject.